Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:45:45 -0500, /Serge Popper/:

My XP home edition leaves LARGE chunks of fragmented files behind called
"Files that cannot be defragmented",when finished with a defrag. These
files are all Mozilla, range from 565 to 4,367 fragments each. Files
such as:
\Documents and Settings\Popper\Application
Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\h9g1epll.default\Mail\pop.gmail.com\Sent
and
\Documents and Settings\Popper\Application
Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\jcznygmx.slt\Mail\pop.gmail-1.com\Inbox
and
\Documents and Settings\Popper\Application
Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\jcznygmx.slt\Mail\pop.gmail-1.com\Sent

What can I do to render these files fragmentable?

You could try defragmenting each of these one at a time using the Contig [1] utility from the Sysinternals package:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/

After that you may try running defrag on the whole volume again.

[1] http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897428.aspx

Unfortunately, Stanmir, your suggestion is way over my head. I went to the sysinternals site and was totally lost.
Thanks anyway,
Serge