Interviewed by CNN on 25/11/2009 21:28, Serge Popper told the world:

>> Did you compact the mailboxes first?
>>
>> That may shrink them enough to make defragmentation more possible.

> No, I didn't.  I'll try that.  Thanks.

Another thing: Don't forget to *close* *all* the Seamonkey windows (not
only the mail windows, but also the browser, composer etc.) before
running the defragger. If Seamonkey is opened, it's likely that the
files will be tagged as "in use" and left alone.

You might try a more powerful defragger too -- the one that comes with
Windows is pretty wimpy. My favourite is Raxco PerfectDisk, but that
costs money. Some well-regarded free ones:

- Defraggler: http://www.piriform.com/defraggler
- MyDefrag (formerly known as JKDefrag): http://www.mydefrag.com/
- UltraDefrag: http://ultradefrag.sourceforge.net/

- Power Defragmenter: a GUI for the "Contig" utility which was mentioned
in a previous message.
http://cid-94a12102e5094675.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/eXcessive%20Software/PowerDefragmenter.zip

Note that PowerDefragmenter is hosted in a Windows Live Skydrive page --
which doesn't load on SeaMonkey due to being served as XML despite not
passing well-formedness. You will have to use a non-Gecko browser, such
as Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari or Chrome, to see the page and
download the file.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-
... Tried to play my shoehorn... all I got was footnotes!
* TagZilla 0.0661 * http://tagzilla.mozdev.org on Seamonkey 2.0