I kept wondering why the download manager didn't kick in and come to front when you start a download. well I had to change this setting:

browser.download.manager.focusWhenStarting;true

It originally set to false which means you don't know you've even started a download until you actually open the Manager.

In SM 1.1.18 this was set to true so that as soon as the download kicked in the Manger would pop up on the screen.

Shows the people designing the program don't even use it.
mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com