On 12/08/2009 02:45 PM, MCBastos wrote:
> Interviewed by CNN on 8/12/2009 13:30, John told the world:
>
>> Water off a Ducks back.  I am wondering if it is because I have SM
>> installed in Documents and Settings?  Perhaps I should try Program Files.
>> The interesting thing is though when SM2 "installs" it does not look
>> anything look 1.1.18.  There is a box that says something like
>> installing (or) updating GRE and then it is finished--that is a box
>> comes up and says Finished.
>> When the shortcut is clicked nothing happens.
>
> Let me get this straight. You have a highly non-standard setup -- you
> install applications in what is designated by the system vendor
> (Microsoft) as an "user data" area (I wonder if your iTunes setup is
> non-standard too?), disregarding all the defaults and recommended
> settings. Then something goes wrong -- and it's somehow Seamonkey's fault?
>
> An aside: the most irate complaints I have seen in this forum came from
> people who went out of their way to make things break. I remember a guy
> complaining about Seamonkey not working right after forcing the
> installation of 2.0 over 1.1.x. Another one cut & pasted his user
> profile instead of using the import tool -- while the release notes are
> very clear about the profile structure being changed.

Also noted.

@John (not all CAPS John Boyle):
So, despite the 'directory/folder' debate; John please tell us *exactly*
where you have SeaMonkey installed, where you have your itunes etc
installed. You state that you have/had them both installed in your
'Documents and Settings' folder, can you provide details regarding this?

I also note that "John" had this thread (SM 2.0 11/03/2009) via a
different email address and the thread was left like this:

>> > I closed all open applications double clicked the file I downloaded from
>> > Mozilla and then I got a message that it was installing SM 2.0  then,
>> > something called wizard showed up and continued to run for about 1 hour
>> >   at that point I restarted the computer and found the damage.
> Without further details, my guess would be that you had/have something
> else wrong with your system. That's not to discount that something in
> the SM installer didn't contribute to the issue, but I see no possible
> way to show otherwise without additional details. _If_ SM did create the
> problem, then it would be most helpful to know how/why as that's a
> pretty serious issue.
>
>  You still haven't provided details regarding the OS & hardware. Please
> also provide the *exact* information regarding "trashed all my files in
> acouple of folders" + what (if any) antivirus you use, when you last
> scanned your system with the AV, etc.

So "John" are you the same "Rick" from that thread?
pawall...@gmail.com
My guess is you are.