Benoit Renard wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
I do like the way we had a forms manager as in SM 1.1.x  and sad that it
removed because they didn't have the time, energy, know-how or desire to
do a port of it in the new code.

This is correct.

(Despite all the protestations otherwise by the developers, they decided
because they didn't use it there wasn't a need for it so they dumped it.)

But this is wrong. You gave the correct explanation at first, so why do
you follow it up with lies?

Patches welcome.

It isn't a lie if they thought was useful for people to use. they would have made the effort to find someone to look at and port it over. But since they didn't use it they didn't see a need. Granted as part of this decision, they didn't have time, energy, desire, know-how to do it. But developers especially for open source, if they don't use something, they don't see a need and they fore they can take less time by removing it.

For Profit on the other hand build sole for the CEO and Board of Directors, Consumers have very little to do with it.

Use users just have to deal with it. I'm sorry if I sound cynical. But I've been dealing with computers and computer software since the early 80's. I've been on many forums, for many software companies. And I continue to see this running thread. That The consumer or user figures very little into software development.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com