Not too long ago, I wrote about a problem when starting SM2.01 where I would not get my home pages loaded. It seemed to resolve itself when I did a disk clean.
However, the problem is back, and it is worse than ever.
Whatever startup option, either for the browser startup or just a new window, and whatever option - home page, current selected group of tabs, previous session... - all of them produce only a single blank tab. The same thing happens when I try to open a link from my desktop or from another program. Or when I click on a saved web page. What's worse is I then tried to create a new profile and see if it the problem persisted. The first time I started SM in this new profile it ran as expected. There was of course no home page, so I set one and tried to restart SM. NOTHING at all happened. It would not even bring up the profile manager. Reinstalling also did not help. What finally brought SM back up was removing the profiles.ini file from the profiles directory. The newly created profile has the same problem as the old one, so I had the new profiles.ini reference my existing profile and removed the two other ones. I have now tried to install an extra copy of SM in a new location. I'm getting the same results. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.