Martin Freitag wrote:
JohnW-Mpls schrieb:
I switched back from 2.01 because it MAY have been the culprit that
caused my system to crash 6 times in the last 2 months (after I moved
to 2.0). Crashes were immediate appearance of a full blue screen with
white text stating memory had been dumped and a cold boot is required
- bad!!  I've not seen one of those for years but I was in SeaMonkey
when the last 2 happened - I don't remember about the first 4 times.
It is highly unlikely that SM causes bluescreens. Bluscreen on WinNT-based system are nearly always due to hardware failure (RAM, harddisk,...) or bad drivers (very close to hardware ;-)). I'd suggest reading the bluescreen which file caused the problem and/or writing down the STOP error code. Also checking the RAM with memtest86, or performing harddisk diagnostic could be a wise idea.
regards

Martin
What you say about BSOD is as a general rule true but, I have had experiences where software could do it too. Getting the stop error code is an excellent suggestion too.