On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 09:17:14 -0500, Phillip Jones wrote:

> For users that are not techno nerds. what exactly does this procedure
> do. and does it damage anything you have setup in SM to make it work
> like you want. ? I've saved the code to try after I find out exactly
> what it does.

Follow the links, Luke?

<http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2009/07/vacuum-your-firefox-databases-for-better-performance/>

"Since Firefox 3.0, bookmarks, history and most storage is kept in
SQLite databases. Also, the default history time span was raised from 9
to 90 days as it became more discoverable and useful thanks to the
awesome bar, so depending on your browsing habits it could represent
some pretty large databases."

"As any other database, SQLite databases become fragmented over time and
empty spaces appear all around. But, since there are no managing
processes checking and optimizing the database, these factors eventually
result in a performance hit. So, a good way to improve startup and some
other bookmarks and history related tasks is to defragment and trim
unused space from these databases."

Phil

[ ]Never let a fool kiss you, or a kiss fool you.
* TagZilla 0.066.6