When I was typing the question I wondered whether it was clear enough. So, here's what happens: When I click on the SM icon on the desktop it opens with the old account first and I have to scroll down to my other accounts to click on "Get Msgs" (it's quite a scroll as I've got lots of subfolders listed). I'd rather not have to do this each time.

Now that I think about it, it seems obvious that the first account listed in the left pane is the one that shows up first. I like the suggestion of re-arranging the order, but I don't think I could handle any "hacking". Perhaps there's an even easier way to do this?

Thanks,
Ed

MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 7/1/2010 14:17, OldTimer told the world:
Thanks, all good answers and offer me an easy way to deal with my
problem.  I will go with just leaving it be.  So, how do I stop SM from
opening the old account first when I open SM?

I'm not sure what you meant by that.

If you wish to change the way the accounts are ordered in the left pane
of the mail client, the easiest way I know of is by using the Folderpane
Tools add-on:
http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/folderpane.php
Unfortunately, that needs a bit of hacking too, since it is a bit old
and does not list itself as compatible with Seamonkey 2. Not a unique
situation, but there are plenty of messages teaching how to work around
the version compatibility check...

If you want to stop Seamonkey from trying to contact the old account,
just open the account settings and clear all the "check email when..."
options.