cyberzen wrote:
Ray_Net a écrit :
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
Martin Freitag wrote:
Leonidas Jones schrieb:
Ray_Net wrote:
Anyway the message i will pass to everybody is:
Don't remove SM1 after installing SM2 ... DO IT BEFORE.

All I can say is that I installed SM 2.0 without removing SM 1.1.18.
BOth currently exist on my XP machine. The StArt menu shortcuts
ppoint
to SM 2.0., so its not a consistent behavior, I guess.

It is. When you remove SM1 now, it will remove most of the shortcuts.
But that doesn't hurt that much, just re-create them.
regards

That's right ... but what was those missing £%$*! damned shortcuts
... i
don't remember :-)

In the XP Start menu? I have Profile Manager, Browser, Safe-Mode and
Mail in that order.

You don't understand .... i have also the same now.
The problem was that after installing SM2 - then uninstall SM1 some item
simply vanished. In that situation: what was those missing £%$*! damned
shortcuts ... i don't remember :-)

The best way of re-instate all SM2 item was to do :
de-install SM2 then re-install SM2.
in that case I think it was not useful to uninstall SM2 before
reinstalling it, and that's what I have done... no problem

héhé. I ws not so clever - thanks for the idea.