Russell wrote:
As someone who's been on the web since the beginning with Mosaic , then
Netscape, then AOL Netscape (ugh) , then Netscape re-born as Seamonkey, it's a
sad day to have to give up and move on,

The end comes with v2.x, Seamonkey and the decision to no longer be a simple
browser, but that it must be an ‘all or nothing' suite. So if you need to use
another email client then it will just screw up your whole way of working.

I'm convinced that this was a ‘behind the doors' decision with the Firefox crowd
to justify Mozilla supporting a second browser project, and they then agreed
that Seamonkey would only continue as an integrated suite, and that's the only
way users will be able to use it (fatal error imo).

The Firefox crowd will be happy to hear that I know of at least 5 users (this
week alone) who have moved to other browsers as there is no upgrade path for
them beyond  v1.1.18. Meanwhile Firefox continues to offer an email client
(Thunderbird) as a OPTION and that's probably where they will go, as have I, for
now. But this whole thing smacks of nasty backroom BS. I'll hold my nose and use
Firefox for now. But it's sad to have to say goodbye to a browser I've used and
promoted for so many years.

R.
Why would you want to use another E-mail client? I think that most people that gravitate towards Seamonkey do it because of the all-in-one browser/e-mail client integration.

Lou