On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 14:38:55 -0800, NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net.invalid> wrote:

>> Thanks KristleBawl :-))
>>
>> Russell

Yes, I thanked him because I thought it sounded like a solution ... but it
didn't work and I got fed up trying. Even mucked things up worse when trying to
do some of the Registry hack solutions other folks had posted.

I've never used a Netscape newsreader and have used Forte since it first came
out. I have also used Pegasus mail since it was 1st released as well and still
use it! I really don't care for HTML email. So I've turned into an old fart ;-)

I have clients who need to use Outlook for their email and others who prefer to
choose their own email programs.

I posted my goodbye because I *am* truly sad to have to dump SM. I also teach,
and students who see my laptop would ask " what's that Seamonkey thing" and I
liked the fact that I was being 'different'.  But using Pegasus and Forte Agent
is also part of that 'being different'. When SM stopped offering a custom
install it forced me to choose between my favourite email client and my
favourite browser.

I tried to stick with v1.1.18. But more and more sites were causing problems and
now Google has announced that Google app support for older browsers will soon be
discontinued. So it's either use SM 2.x,and never have email links open my
preferred email program, or use Firefox or other browser.

fwiw, when (if every again) Seamonkey offers an easy option to choose an outside
email program for mailto links, then I WILL  be back in a flash  .. though I
don't care much for Flash either <g>

Russell