Leonidas Jones wrote:
»Q« wrote:
In<news:eeidnfitt56q4vjwnz2dnuvz_gcdn...@mozilla.org>,
Robert Kaiser<ka...@kairo.at> wrote:

NoOp schrieb:
Really? And early versions of Netscape were just simple browsers?
I still have both Mosaic and Netscape on disk, including a version
of the first Netscape w/support license. I suppose I could pull it
out of the archives (shelf) and check it, but I seem to recall that
it included an email client.

Very early versions were browser-only for sure, but I can't exactly
tell which version was the first to have a mail client. I heard it
was some 3.x version, but I wasn't around at that time.

It was Netscape 2.0 which introduced mail/news, in 1996.

I've installed a browser-only SM 2.0.2. To get mailto links working, I
had to edit my profile's mimeTypes.rdf, but it works.

Okay, how did you install it browser only?

Lee

Yes, I'm interested in the answer to that too.

BJ