Rick Merrill wrote:
Pat Welch wrote:
Hi.

This has gotten to the point I'm going to have to abandon SM 2.x soon. I
never saw this in any 1.x version.

I'm on 32-bit Windows Vista SP2 running on an HP notebook with the AMD
Turion dual-core chip, 3 MB RAM.

After about 8 hours of use, suddenly the browser stops working in a
curious way - clicking on a bookmark or an embedded URL silently
presents a blank page, no complaints, just no pages will display.

Email continues to work, until I close all Seamonkey instances while
trying to fix the problem.

What happens then is Seamonkey pops up a box that complains it is
already running, and to close that Seamonkey before trying to run.

But there are no visible instances of Seamonkey running.

Going to the Task Manager, I see an instance of Seamonkey IS running. So
I kill it in Task Manager.
Then I kill it again.
Then I kill it again ... etc. etc.

The Seamonkey process is unkillable.

I have to at this point re-boot before the browser starts working again.

What can I do to help get this fixed? There is no crash report because
Seamonkey is unaware it's munged and unreachable.

Help!

I've seen <something like> this also and have not yet a solution. One
suggestion is to update to Win XP SP3 then reinstall SM.

How do you update to XP SP3 when you have Vista SP2 ?