Pat Welch wrote:
> MintyJewel wrote:
>> On Feb 5, 5:34 pm, Pat Welch<pat...@inreach.com>  wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> This has gotten to the point I'm going to have to abandon SM 2.x
>>> soon. I
>>> never saw this in any 1.x version.
>>>
>>> I'm on 32-bit Windows Vista SP2 running on an HP notebook with the AMD
>>> Turion dual-core chip, 3 MB RAM.
>>>
>>> After about 8 hours of use, suddenly the browser stops working in a
>>> curious way - clicking on a bookmark or an embedded URL silently
>>> presents a blank page, no complaints, just no pages will display.
>>>
>>> Email continues to work, until I close all Seamonkey instances while
>>> trying to fix the problem.
>>>
>>> What happens then is Seamonkey pops up a box that complains it is
>>> already running, and to close that Seamonkey before trying to run.
>>>
>>> But there are no visible instances of Seamonkey running.
>>>
>>> Going to the Task Manager, I see an instance of Seamonkey IS
>>> running. So
>>> I kill it in Task Manager.
>>> Then I kill it again.
>>> Then I kill it again ... etc. etc.
>>>
>>> The Seamonkey process is unkillable.
>>>
>>> I have to at this point re-boot before the browser starts working
>>> again.
>>>
>>> What can I do to help get this fixed? There is no crash report because
>>> Seamonkey is unaware it's munged and unreachable.
>>>
>>> Help!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Pat Welch, UBB Computer Services, a WCS Affiliate
>>>              SCO Authorized Partner
>>>              Microlite BackupEdge Certified Reseller
>>>              Unix/Linux/Windows/Hardware Sales/Support
>>>              (209) 745-1401 Cell: (209) 251-9120
>>>              E-mail: pat...@inreach.com
>>
>> Pat,
>>
>> Download "System Exployer":
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default.aspx
>>
>> You CAN kill the unkillable. You may also verify files, track their
>> paths, and
>> also it's used for stacking logs and debugging.
>>
>> It's a wonderful little program I've used for a few years now.
>>
>> oh and there's no cost.
>
> Umm, no joy.
>
> Unkillable Seamonkey is still unkillable.
>
> The sysinternals are just for the most part front-ends to primitives -
> and the kill functions call the same kill function that the Task
> Manager does.
>
> So the only way to get back the browser is to re-boot. How very 1995
> of the developers.
>
> BTW, I'm on 2.0.3 - same problem, the browser dies silently, and if
> you end out of all the instances of Seamonkey you are left with an
> absolutely un-killable version of Seamonkey still in the process list.

I also am running SM 2.0.3 and have no problem going into the task
manager an killing Seamonkey if I desire, but I have ended out of all
the instances of Seamonkey and it is GONE. I have very few problems with
SM 2.0.3 and like it very much. Perhaps an extension?

--
   You either teach people to treat you with dignity and respect, or you don't.
This means you are partly responsible for the mistreatment that you get at the