Phillip Jones wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
-------------------snip-------------------

Okay, tell me which applications do that? Does word make a backup of
all your WP documents? Does Excel backup your spreadsheets? Does
Photoshop keep a comprehensive backup of your images?

Word does on Mac save backup of a word document that was in memory at
time of crash. Of all places it will show up in trash. Often you can
open, and copy, and save to a new document.

I don't think that a crash save really meets the criterion. NeoOffice/OpenOffice both do crash saving as well. SeaMonkey/Thunderbird also both do auto saves of current work, in case of a crash. That's not a backup in the sense being discussed.

Lee