chicagofan wrote:
robert.ga...@att.net wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
I've used SM on Hallmark before, but I've spent hours today trying to
get an edited sympathy card to process and continue.

I'm using WinXP,SP2 and I emptied my SM cache, restarted the browser,
and even my PC, and also checked my CPU usage. The CPU usage spiked
occasionally, but not consistently. Any suggestions on what to do now?

Oh, I forgot, I also downloaded Google's Chrome, and it stalled at the
same place, so that does seem to eliminate a problem with SM2.03, but
I'm looking for any ideas on what to check.

This is the link for the card that won't complete... in case it would
provide any hints to someone more technical than I am.

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product|10001|10051|880299|214068;226572;283568|null|P1R12SO|ecards

I looked at your card using a WinXP SP2, Seamonkey 2.0.3 system.

You haven't said what if anything happens when you to try to "continue" with the
card processing. Do you mean the process stalls when you hit the Continue
button? Do you mean something else?

Yes, SM says data is transferring... but it just hangs there... and
never completes.

If you have a dial-up service, the Hallmark site will be incredibly slow as
megabytes of info will be sent to your modem. It certainly will seem to be
stalled, as it did for me on dial-up. It may even be slow on broad-band systems.

I have cable [5M].

Eventually I got to the page, "Preview Your Card", where there is another button
"I Approve, Continue."

As this is your card, I didn't want to do any further testing. However, the site
does seem to work correctly with SM 2.0.3.

It must be a memory problem on my system then, since Google Chrome also
stalled at the same place in the process.

Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to test this.  :)
bj

Just for the heck of it, I checked my CPU usage again just now, and it showed SM using 177MB. Is that normal?
bj