On 3/11/2010 6:46 AM, Phillip Jones wrote:
> Steven Holt wrote:
>> I've updated from 2.0 to v. 2.03 and still the browser immediately blows
>> up the whole program every time it is invoked. The browser window tries
>> to open and before anything fills into the all white browser window,
>> seamonkey dies and goes to an error reporting message box.  I've asked
>> for help with this in the box and so far zero response.
>>
>> The problem started after a browser crash.  I suspect that there is a
>> page that was in this very last crashed session that is causing the
>> endlessly ongoing crash,  How can I clear the last session out of the
>> way without losing all my emails and passwords etc?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Steve Holt
>
> Try going into the profile and saving your mailbox and news Directories
> and folders. and possibly your passwords.
>
> then completely remove the profile and dump in Trash (wastebasket) then
> reopen SM let it create an ew profile. Quit then add back your news and
> mail folders.

My goodness. Delete all the contents of the profile, just to see if it
was a problem with the profile? Hint: There's more there than what you've
recommended that the OP save off. Following your recommendation, he would
lose a lot of content just for this "test".

Why not just create a new profile and test using that?