BeeNeR wrote:
On or about 3/19/2010 7:10 PM, JD typed the following:
Don B wrote:
BeeNeR wrote:
On or about 3/19/2010 4:24 PM, Don B typed the following:
I am using SeaMonkey 2.0.3 and there is a plug-in called "video
downloadhelper" which is supposed to work with it. I can't get the icon
to show up on any of the task bars. When you are on a site that the
plug-in will work with the icon is supposed to animate. I think the
instructions they wrote to get the icon to show up by doing it manually
must be for Firefox because the description on how to do it doesn't
jive
with SeaMonkey. Has anyone got this to work with SeaMonkey?

I also installed it in Firefox and everything worked fine.

Installed in SM 2.0.3 with no problems. Followed instructions.
There should be a small 3-ball icon in the bottom bar of the SM window.
when there is something on interest on the page the icon will be colored
and rotating. click on it or the box next to it. Works fine.
Did everything go automatically for you or did you have to manually drag
and drop the icon? Are you referring to the bottom bar of the ones on
the top of the screen or the bar at the bottom of the screen? I'm not
sure if I have all of the bars showing that I should, maybe I have some
settings wrong. I have three bars on the top and one at the bottom.

I have installed it three times and still no icon. When I installed it
in Firefox everything was automatic and went real smooth.

I installed it and had the same problem. Click on Tools, DownloadHelper,
Preferences and tick Show in status bar. Then it will show up on the
bottom toolbar.

I was just going to suggest that - I didn't have to do it since all
those options on the "appearance" tab were checked by default when I
installed it.  Hopefully that will correct his problem.

Not sure why it wasn't checked for me but checking it did get the icon to appear. Hopefully Don B will let us know if it worked for him.

It's a pretty cool little plug-in.

--
 JD..