* stan:
> J. Weaver Jr. wrote:
>> stan wrote:
>>> How do I suppers pop-ups
>>> The flag is checked at Preferences> Privacy> Block unrequested
>>> unwanted Popup windows.
>>> I am still getting them.
>>> Where is the list where I can put URL to be blocked.
>>
>> Right next to that "Block unrequested" checkbox, click on "Allowed
>> Sites" and make sure that list is empty (or, least, devoid of sites from
>> which you don't want popups).
>>
>> There is no "block list" in SM2 - just a "block all" option (which you
>> have checked) and that list of exceptions. -JW
>
> Yes it is empty but the pesky popup is poping out.
> Somehow it does not work or there is a work around.

We'd need a sample URL where this occurs to say what was going on.

Most popups are done in JavaScript, and Mozilla popup blocking works by
disabling the JavaScript "open unrequested window" function that is used
to make that happen.

You may wish to allow popups for some sites.  For example, there are
sites that open a popup to queue a download.

Meanwhile, you might want to take a look at the NoScript extension.
NoScript blocks *all* scripting activity unless the site in in a
whitelist.  It defaults to blocking JavaScript, but can also block Java,
Flash, and Microsoft Silverlight.

See https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/722
______
Dennis