This happened to me and another person here after we upgraded to 2.04

This worked for us

In email go to
Edit
Mail & News Account Settings
Outgoing Server - click on edit
Uncheck Use Secure Authentication

me2 wrote:
I should have mentioned I'm running 2.0.4 SM, and that under Default
encryption while grayed out Never is selected.

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:47:03 -0500, me2<p...@thirdstaratright.net>