On 4/25/2010 11:46 AM, Ken Honeyman wrote:
> Lance Courtland wrote:
>> Test wrote:
>>> This happened to me and another person here after we upgraded to 2.04
>>>
>>> This worked for us
>>>
>>> In email go to
>>> Edit
>>> Mail & News Account Settings
>>> Outgoing Server - click on edit
>>> Uncheck Use Secure Authentication

>> This is due to a change in the port and authentication of the Comcast
>> SMTP server. (Thanks for telling us, Comcast)
>>
>>  From a mail page, go to Edit/Mail & newsgroups account
>> settings/Outgoing server (SMTP)/select Comcast and then Edit.
>>

> I have had the same problem on my supplier but I can follow these
> instructions up to and including selecting my "Outgoing server (SMTP)"
> but then how am I supposed to "then Edit"? All I have is a drop down
> selection list with SMTP server names, I've tried picking each one and
> the all seem to produce the error but I can see no route into edit
> anything about them... they are just a selection drop down list. There
> is no "Edit" button, right clicking them does nothing. I've read all the
> help, I've searched all the menus... I am very puzzled. :-\
>

> Ken

Then you're in the wrong place.
When running SM Mail and Newsgroups, go to

  Edit -> Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings...

This will give you the Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings dialog.

In the tree view on the left side of that dialog, scroll to the bottom
and you should see an entry named: Outgoing Server (SMTP)

Click on that.

Now, on the right side of that dialog will be a list of outgoing servers
(of which there may only be one in your case). Select one of them and then
click on the Edit... button.