Beorc kano wrote:
On 5/4/2010 2:00 PM, chicagofan wrote:
Beorc Kano wrote:
I would still like to get SM up and running properly.
Here's the response I just got from an e-mail to ES about your problem:

"Invalid credentials" means that either the username or the password
(or problably both) are wrong. Please have him check his account data
for typos and/or leading or trailing blanks.

Hadn't thought about "leading or trailing blanks", and thought you might
not have either.
bj

Checked for leading/railing blanks, no dice. however, I DID take your
advice and cleared all the cache, cookies, etc.. Got that done, and
then, vioala, it worked like a charm with Thunderbird.

Great!  Success from your perseverance!  :)

Unfortunately, SM
is still being snotty about it... It keeps asking me to make new account
profiles whenever I go to reply to a message... Pops up the window like
I am setting up a new newsgroup server connection. At this point, I am
willing to use Thunderbird until I get SM debugged... I'm close to just
uninstalling/reinstalling it.

That might not be a bad idea. I've read of lots of people with profile problems, and I think many them had to reinstall SM. I haven't had that problem, so I can't offer any useful advice.

Hopefully, someone else will chime in with some suggestions.
bj