Phillip Jones wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
NoOp wrote:
On 06/25/2010 12:54 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
Arnie Goetchius wrote:
Rick Merrill wrote:

,,,

without reading, you can mark "read", then delete.

That's not the issue. If you mark as "unread" and then delete, it is
moved to Trash and the status is changed to "read". In 1.x, after
marking as "unread" and deleting, it is moved to Trash and the status
stayed as "unread". In 2.x, after marking as "unread" and deleting, it
is moved to Trash and the status is changed to "read".

Most of people doesn't understand this simple problem.
When a mail is moved from one folder to another one (even while with
the
delete action) this is not normal that the characteristics of the mail
are changed. Someone told us that resetting the "unread" status is done
by design; therefore this is a *BAD* design. But the developpers lives
in their gold-tower.

Cool your jets. I think that you're beating a dead horse as 1.1.x is
dead. There is an option in 2.x preferences to not mark spam as read,
but as far as I can recall there is no such option to do the same with
deleated mail. (Don't know I'd have to reinstall 1.x to check but I
won't).

Regarding "But the developpers lives in their gold-tower." I've no idea
what "gold-tower" you imagine. The 'developers' are volunteers that
contribute *their time* freely to this project. If you'd like to do the
same then I'm sure that you can find your way to the dev pages. Here,
let me help you:

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/dev/
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/dev/get-involved

Your comments regarding the "developpers" (sic) is both incorrect and
offensive. As a 'user' and 'volunteer tester' of SeaMonkey I've no
problem with pointing out issues and/or problems with SM and/or
reporting bugs if the issue is serious enough. In nearly all cases I've
received positive response from the SeaMonkey volunteers (developers).

If you've a problem with SeaMonkey, please feel free to move on to some
other application. Otherwise file a bug report (or point to an existing
bug report), contribute time to the project. Did I miss where you'd
previously filed a bug report? If so I appologize& would appreciate it
if you could remind me by supplying the url to the bug report.

So far so god - BUT - when a mail is read - it's normal to change
their status from unread to read.
When an unread message is deleted, it's normal when moving this
message to the trash folder that his status stays an unread - *because*
no "read action" was performed.

Have you looked at these:
http://screencast.com/t/ZmZhNjZmOWI
http://screencast.com/t/ZmJhYjZkMTM

You can turn these actions on or off just by checking or un-checking.

You are correct that you can turn those actions on or off but that is not the subject of this discussion. The fact remains that deleted messages moved to trash cannot be moved there as unread no matter what is checked in Message Display, Junk Display or any place else in SM2.x