Daniel schrieb:
Ant wrote:
On 7/21/2010 8:32 PM PT, Daniel typed:

Antman, if you have a look at Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Software
installation, you may may be able to set things up the way you want!!
May!!

Daniel, I don't see an option to automatically/silent install or prompt
before installing.

When I brought up a similar line of discussion a while back, I think the
line put out was "These are security updates, they are good for you, you
don't need to know about it, it will just happen!".

I can, sort of, see the point, but if there are still people using SM
1.x.x because they don't like some of the additional/subtractions, there
might also be those that want to stick with 2.0.4 and not upgrade, but
they don't get that option.

Why? 2.0.x security updates don't introduce any functional changes, only security and stability updates as well as fixes to annoying actual bugs. I see no reason why anyone would want to stay on more broken releases with the same functionality.

1.x vs. 2.0 has a lot of functionality changes, I see arguments there, though IMHO none of them are good. ;-)

Robert Kaiser

--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible arguments that we as a community needs answers to. And most of the time, I even appreciate irony and fun! :)