David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/8/10 10:28 AM, Rick Merrill wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/5/10 8:18 AM, Rick Merrill wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/1/10 4:01 PM, Rick Merrill wrote:
not working w. SM2?

This has nothing to do with scripts.

Oh yes it does, because javascript can control images.

Go to the menu bar and select [Edit>    Preferences].  On the left side of
the Prefences window, select [Privacy&    Security>    Images].  Under the
Image Acceptance Policy on the Images pane, select the radio button for
"Accept all images".  Select the OK button.

Oh no, it didn't - I already had that setting enabled.

With JavaScript disabled, "Accept all images" selected, and "Allow
scripts to Change images" disabled, I had no trouble with the page.  I
saw all images.  I could select an image and see a page with only that
image.  I could select the image on its own page and get an enlarged
image.  I did this for more than one image.

SamSpade shows that the page is all javascript,
so how can it accept images that are inside of the script
if javascript is fully disabled?

I really don't know.  I'm merely reporting the conduct and results of a
test I made.

I went to<http://tinyurl.com/2bwlkd7>  with JavaScript disabled and
images from all domains enabled.  I saw a page from Google with
thumbnails, four across and five high.  I could select a thumbnail and
get a page with just that one thumbnail.  I could then select that one
thumbnail and get a full-size image.

Perhaps you have an extension that requires JavaScript that, if disabled
because JavaScript is disabled, it interferes with viewing images.

On the idea that detecting javascript was possible I used SamSpade to
see the raw stuff, and it looked like all javascript to me.

Even with javascript disabled, I do see the whole thing now, except
that the pop up enlargements do not work.

I have no extensions - maybe that's why I'm over my head ;-)