>> Beverley, how do you re-read the past posts??? You cut out all the
past posts!! <<

.... my apologies as personal (medical) reasons over the past week have prevented me from addressing this request and I wanted to give sufficient time to respond as it is an important subject for me.

First, by way of explanation, the majority of my forum activity for over a decade has centered on mobile devices and on devices with 2.5 inch screens, where quoting becomes a major factor. After only two or three responses typical to this forum where the responders use traditional "full quoting" participating on a mobile device is impossible...

...a few more responses, and it's almost impossible to follow on a full screen.

As a result, for the past decade, I try to "selectively quote" as I find that "full quoting" as practiced by most here makes following threads very difficult.

Second, the question "how do you re-read the past posts???" is, to me, it is very ironic that this is an issue for any mozilla based newsreader user as the mozilla engine makes referencing any prior message in any thread stone simple.

Having participated in "e-forums" for over a quarter century starting with dial up "bulletin boards" through pre-internet compuserve, then nntp and now web base forums, I _know_ that "full quoting" was born from the needs of primitive software, slow connections and terrible nntp readers such as outlook express. Full quoting has, unfortunately, been preserved by the fact that many newsreaders, email clients (mozilla included) and web forums _default_ to "full quoting" in their composer settings.

For years prior to the introduction of current incarnations such as SeaMonkey, the Mozilla newsreader engine, has provided powerful tools that completely eliminate the need for any quoting other than a minimal selective quote referencing a specific part of the poster's message related to my response.

While newsreaders and even web forums have made progress over that quarter century, resistance to change has preserved twenty five year old quoting "standards" leading to hard feelings on every side and the exit of many potentially valuable contributors from countless forums.

The Mozilla newsreader interface effectively, clearly and easily addresses _every_ prior message reference need (other than selective quoting in order to identify a specific question) and it seems that supporting using this powerful capability here would have far more benefits than dwelling on user quoting methods.

As mentioned in other posts, I _try_ to quote to the extent that it will clearly reference the specifics of what exactly I am responding to. I hope that there is value in at least some of my responses but, if it my quoting process irritates, I assume that a kill filter will be created to remove the irritation ;-)

Here's hoping that my contributions yield a "net positive" here.

Sincerely,
Beverly Howard