On 08/14/2010 10:44 AM, NoOp wrote:
> On 08/14/2010 01:14 AM, Gregory Hicks wrote:
... Glad to see that you got your threading issues worked out :-)

>> One of the options down at the bottom of the page is "Receive your own
>> posts to the list?"  The default is "no".  Select "yes".  Then select
>> "submit changes".
>>
>> You should be good to go at this point.
>
> That might work, but I suspect not. I do not have an Gmail account so I
> can't be certain, but I do know that there are issues with gmail and lists:
> <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&complete=0&q=mailing+lists+%2Bgmail+%2Bcopies&btnG=Search>
>
> Samples:
> <http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=2926a8b8e3050679&hl=en>
> <http://support.tigertech.net/mailman-gmail>
> <http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6588>

Added point:
http://ilias.ca/moznewsgroups-sm
shows how to use nntp for the news.mozilla.org newsgroups. It would be
helpful if the basic
 http://www.seamonkey-project.org/community
page took some initiative and create a *useful* howto support page. That
page does point to Chris' page via:

====
SeaMonkey Help

    Contributed by a long-time SeaMonkey fan, this page hosts various
user support documents as well as a document describing the differences
between Firefox/Thunderbird and SeaMonkey very well.
====

but Chris has been trying to get rid of, or sell off the page for some
time. SM should step up and create a proper FAQ/Wiki page of it's own
(perhaps by coordinating with Chris to port http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/.
[Thanks Chris]

BTW:
For a perspective of the wider Mozilla community that we are a part of,
read the mozilla.org community page.
http://www.mozilla.org/community/
doesn't have anything regarding SeaMonkey...