On 8/29/2010 9:21 AM PT, Ed Mullen typed:

I am starting to noticed that more and more web sites are supporting and
using left and right arrow keys to go previous and next pages/images.

For an example:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/26/google-acquisitions-timeline_n_696063.html

I click left arrow to a previous article and right arrow for the next
article. I see this in both Mozilla's Firefox v2.0.0.20 (probably the
same in v3.6.8) and SeaMonkey v2.0.6 web browsers. I could not reproduce
this is in old Internet Explorer v6 (IE6).

Is there a way to disable this annoyance? I use keyboard a lot to
navigate online, including web sites.

Not really. It's done with javascript. You could disable javascript but
you'd then have no way at all to navigate the articles.

Ugh, how annoying. :( Thanks! It also doesn't help when I have small displays like netbooks, old laptops/notebooks, etc. Grr!
--
"Maybe it's like an ant hive..." "Bees man, bees have hives." "You know what I mean. It's like one female that runs the whole show." "Yes, the queen." "Yeah the mamma. She is bad*ss, man. I mean big." "These things ain't ants estupido." "I know that." --Aliens movie
   /\___/\         Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)