Bill Davidsen wrote:
Bill Spikowski wrote:
I created a new profile for Seamonkey 2 and am trying to manually
transfer important data from Seamonkey 1.19. I've figured out how to
move the address book and bookmarks but can't figure out where to put
msgfilterrules.dat and training.dat, also the *.s and *.w files that I
usually move -- are there instructions posted anywhere?

What problem did you have using the built-in migration? I have migrated multiple accounts and machines, most with multiple profiles, and the problems seem to be limited:
- you lose all your form fill data
- you have to migrate your profiles one at a time manually
  (you can let auto migrate do the first if you wish)

I don't see any benefit from doing the migrate manually, I don't think you can do a better job and you risk messing things up.

I was installing Seamonkey 2 on a new laptop and didn't see how migration would
work between machines.

Also, I'm still using 1.1.18 and WinXP on my other machines; and those profiles
are ancient, so I was hoping to try out SM 2 completely clean (while hoping not
to lose those features that are incredibly important to me, such as e-mail
filters and stored passwords). Anyway, I finally puzzled out how to move most
of what I need, and can live without the rest (form fill data, junk mail
training).