James wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:
On 10/25/2010 12:46 PM, James wrote:
You make it seem as if you never sent or received an encrypted email
using your method. If you had, you would know what each participant is
required to have. Still, when I have time, I will continue to research
Enigmail. So far it seems it will only work with Mozilla email client
programs.
Actually, I sent encrypted/signed message to and received from many
people. However, I don't know what they were using.
Reading the documentation makes it seem that it is a certificate creator
and manager. There is nothing that presumes the certificates will not
work anywhere a certificate is used. I do not think this will solve the
problem in sending certificate encrypted emails to Thunderbird and
receiving certificate encrypted emails from Thunderbird.

I tried again to encrypt to Thunderbird and again failed. All the other
attempts succeeded. Without a definitive answer to the SeaMonkey email
certificate problem, I must migrate back to Thunderbird.

Personally, I believe that all internet traffic should be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the majority say, "I keep myself vulnerable because I
want to be abused, here is my banking information". I do not wish the
hackers to know that I am saying things like, "Hello, how are you?" in
the emails I send. Let them try to decrypt it to find out there is no
personal info there.

So you need to sent the public key to everyone in the world - because you don't know to which person the destination of the next mail will be...