David Wilkinson wrote:
Zeb Carter wrote:
I am in the process of setting up a new computer for a friend of mine -
old computer running XP Home, new computer Win 7. Both have SM 2.0.8.

When I do this, I first close SeaMonkey on the old computer, and copy
the entire profile folder (e.g. salt.profilename) to the new computer.
Then I use the profile manager on the new computer to create a new
profile with the same profile name and use "Choose Folder" to navigate
to the copied profile.

The profile manager is smart enough to realize that it should use the
existing profile in that location, rather than creating a new profile in
that location.

I tried that today. I copied the profiles straight from the cloned drive to the appropriate folder in Win 7. Started SM, told it to create a new profile with the name of the profile I ad copied - SM created NEW profiles with the same name but a different random number sequence in front of the name.