d...@kd4e.com wrote:
 > Paul wrote:
WLS wrote:
d...@kd4e.com wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/12/05/visited-porn-web-browser-flaw-secretly-bares/

Interesting reading. I didn't know there were flash cookies.

http://michael-coates.blogspot.com/2010/12/advertisers-vs-privacy-how-you-are.html

WLS

You can make a little batch file or vbs file to clear those.
Don't need the have Adobe / Macromedia do it for you like it
says in the article.
rd Macromedia \*.* /s /q

Paul,

I am 20 years distant from my days of writing
macros (mostly dbaseIII) and scripts.

Can you explain in a little more detail where
one would place this for proper execution in Seamonkey,
please?

BTW: If it matters I am using SM 2.0.10 at the
moment and always in Linux (Puppy Linux to be a little
more specific).

Thanks!

Doc

Since the original article you posted concerned history sniffing and not flash cookies, I think this thread has gotten a bit off track. They probably did that testing with a bare bones (no extensions installed) browser. Do history sniffing mean cookies?

Sorry if that was a result of my saying "I didn't know there were flash cookies." Installing the Better Privacy extension solved that problem and they are all deleted when I close my browser. It works with SeaMonkey on openSUSE 11.3. Adblock Plus blocks the ads.

So Doc, did you read any of the article I posted the link for? Do you use any of those extensions, and follow safe browsing practices? Use Private Browsing Mode to visit those porn web sites?

Paranoia strikes deep. :) I feel pretty secure.

WLS

--
SeaMonkey 2.1b2pre