On 12/30/2010 10:18 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 12/30/2010 02:47 PM, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
On 12/30/2010 4:15 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:

On 12/29/2010 10:05 PM, NoOp wrote:

Here is a paste of:<https://help.ubuntu.com/community#Getting to
know and work with your system>  directly from 2.0.11. There are of
course more examples in the bug report, but that one works for me.

Which is in and of itself not broken. Copy/Paste of it works. You
just get spaces, which if you copy/paste that whole string back into
SeaMonkey you'll load the page (at the anchor) correctly.

But if you mouse over it, you'll see in the status bar that SM doesn't
parse beyond the first space, angle brackets notwithstanding, so
clicking the link in NoOp's post takes you to
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community#Getting>, which yields the top of the
page, not the desired bookmark.

Here's a clickable link that does take you directly to the bookmark:
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community#Getting%20to%20know%20and%20work%20with%20your%20system>

His issue was not link-parsing in mailnews [which, fwiw can be SOLVED
with HTML mail, since the link is an anchor tag, in quotes]. but the
copy/paste behavior. Which I addressed. Mailnews linkage is a different
story as well. (and NOT A BUG imo for mailnews since the auto-link in
text-only-mode is correct)

You are recommending that I use HTML mail?

On a personal opinion only, no I am not recommending HTML mail. [I am sad that it is supported anywhere, but I at least recognize it works and people use it].

I am more saying that the correct way to auto-link in mailnews is as the link was done.

I have not yet tested this whole situation much (as I am hitting a trunk bug, XP only, where copy+paste doesn't work, at all. among other things) But if that bug is correct, copy/paste of the whole url-bar should generate %20's its only substring copies that don't. If that is not the case I *would* support a patch [on trunk only] to fix that.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)