Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

<Snip>

Well, I can't reconcile these two statements about Comcast:
    • you will see that the files are empty
    • Comcast has email files dated 7/14/2007
Are you saying it has files from 2007 that are empty? I took your original statement to mean that the /folders/ were empty, didn't contain any emails. Now I'm confused.

The files from Comcast dated 7/14/2007 are empty.  Comcast is my present ISP.

Each .slt folder represents one profile. AFAIK it's up to you which one is used on import (the upgrade leaves your v.1 profile(s) intact, but imports a copy of one profile, conforming it to v.2 specs, and placing it in a separate folder -- this is called "migration").

But notice that *both* of the .slt folders are under Default, so when I upgrade both of the .slt folders will go with the Default import. I only have one profile called Default.

Henry