Daniel wrote:
sean wrote:
Daniel wrote:
sean wrote:
jim wrote:
Seamonkey 2.04
Firefox 3.6.13

I have a situation where my bookmarks are pretty well diverged now.
They
used to be synchronized when they both used html files but have not
been
for several years.

I have seamonkey bookmarks that aren't in firefox and firefox
bookmarks
that aren't in seamonkey.

Is there a clever way to merge the two places.sqlite files and end up
with
no duplicates?

Thanks,

jim

I was quite happy to see that Sync was available via SeaMonkey addons
today... I use Firefox in my windows partition and SeaMonkey in my
linux
partition, thus far no troubles whatsoever...

sean

Sean, just FYI, I use SeaMonkey on both my Win7 and my Mandriva Linux.
Simply put my Profile on the Win7 partition, so both SeaMonkeys can make
use of the files.

Daniel

interesting Daniel,

fwiw,on my windows partition, I still use Firefox and Thunderbird as i
ponder a complete migration to linux... as I do this, I am sharing a
single local folders location across partitions between SeaMonkey and
Thunderbird...

that's as adventurous as I feel up to being at the moment...

but loving SeaMonkey in PeppermintOS

sean

So you're using SM on Linux......nothing adventurous about trying SM on
Windows.....only a little bit of adventure going to a shared profile.

Daniel

after doing a rather tedious partitioning of my hardrive (with lots of back ups) i'm coming back to this topic...

Seamonkey 2.0.11's Sync no longer pulls down bookmarks that i used to easily share with Firefox Sync... now the sync wheel spins endlessly as my cpu cycles between 99 & 100% for several minutes...

after i am able to regain control of SeaMonkey, there are no new bookmarks... but next time i go to overwrite SM's bookmarks i', told i'm going to overwrite 33K book marks that are nowhere to be found in this SM installation...

sean