Zeb Carter wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
Zeb Carter wrote:
I provide tech support to a customer/friend of mine. He called me about
a problem he was having with the SENT folder under his profile.
Actually, there are 4 issues happening:

1) On entry to the mail/news side, he gets a notification saying
summary
file being rebuilt for this folder

2) Sent messages appear in the folder but on exiting the program, and
going back in, the message no longer appears.

3) Compacting the folder does not seem to work (file size is roughly
4GB).

I think that that (4GB) may be a magic number.

Especially if it's a Windows PC and the drive is formatted FAT32.

Machine in question is a Windows 7 machine - defintely NTFS. Per the
original msg, I moved the messages from the default SENT folder to the
one under LOCAL folders, pointed the system to that folder and the sent
messages go there as they should.

With an empty SENT folder under the default account, sent messages
appear and then disappear after closing Seamonkey and reopening SM.

Very strange behavior!

So I take it that you decided not to split the original SENT folder
as I suggested, and are satisfied with getting any newly sent messages copied/saved in the new folder under LOCAL folders? (Y/N)?

Also just as a double check on understanding what you write:
By empty SENT folder under the default account, you do mean that the
sent file when you look at it on the disk is empty, i.e. has a 0 size,
and not just that in SM it reports 0 messages in the folders list?
(Y/N)?

It would seem though, that since you have saved all the old sent
messages into that folder under LOCAL, you should now be free to
delete the old sent and the sent.msf files on disk and let SM create
completely fresh and clean ones. You should then be able to point
SM to use the fresh folders.
--
Rostyk