Reed1003 wrote:
I have downloaded a fresh version of SeaMonkey..... clean install on a
newly formatted MacBook.....

Now my mp3 no longer play through Quicktime.... fires up and browser
window and places a question mark over the Quicktime Q.

On another computer... I just upgraded from version to version and
SeaMonkey will play the mp3s with no problem.

The inaction is in the mail portion of SM when clicking on an attachment.

In helper apps for browser I have set Quicktime to play the mp3
attachments in SeaMonkey mail.

Any input?

Thank you

I think you need to download and install the QT 7. Not sure the latest QT 10 is friendly with everyone just yet, and that would be all you'd have on a fresh or OEM OS X install these days.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Also - check the defaults in Safari. Safari will often hijack default settings.

--
     - Rufus