...hmnnn...I'm running SM 2.0.14 and all my mime types are assigned to the QT 7.6.6 plugin.

If you go into Preferences/Browser/Helper Applications and click on a mime type there is a drop-down menu of application choices, but mo way to add one as in the 1.1.x releases...which is a bummer.

--
     - Rufus

Reed1003 wrote:
Rufus:

You'd think that would be it.....

In a machine at home running SM beta 3 it will play mp3 in QT 10.0.
What I did notice in content for helpe apps.... mp3 is listed on content
list... but not in any of the new installs.

The machine at home has had updates etc added from time to time.

Thanks

Rufus wrote:
Reed1003 wrote:
I have downloaded a fresh version of SeaMonkey..... clean install on a
newly formatted MacBook.....

Now my mp3 no longer play through Quicktime.... fires up and browser
window and places a question mark over the Quicktime Q.

On another computer... I just upgraded from version to version and
SeaMonkey will play the mp3s with no problem.

The inaction is in the mail portion of SM when clicking on an
attachment.

In helper apps for browser I have set Quicktime to play the mp3
attachments in SeaMonkey mail.

Any input?

Thank you

I think you need to download and install the QT 7. Not sure the latest
QT 10 is friendly with everyone just yet, and that would be all you'd
have on a fresh or OEM OS X install these days.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Also - check the defaults in Safari. Safari will often hijack default
settings.

--
     - Rufus