On 6/11/11 12:51 PM, Ant wrote:
> On 6/11/2011 12:36 PM PT, David E. Ross typed:
>
>> There were a number of bugs associated with the old design of the
>> Bookmarks Manager.  The developers chose to resolve those problems by
>> putting bookmarks into places.sqlite, a database instead of an HTML file.
>
> Is this file portable among different OS' like Mac OS X, Windows, and
> Linux/Debian? That is how I updated my SM2's bookmarks manually.

I don't know if the places.sqlite file is portable.

My recommendation would be to export it to an HTML file, which is ASCII
and should be portable.  You then import it back into places.sqlite on
the other platforms.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.