On 06/11/2011 06:16 PM, Rob Lindauer wrote:
> Has anyone else seen the following?  I've had this problem from the
> moment I installed SM2.1...
>
> I am getting frequent "back screens" in SM 2.1.  When I'm doing
> something (e.g., attempting to drag a map in Google Maps, opening a new
> webpage), my screen will go black briefly (perhaps a half second or a
> second).
>
> I did not have this behavior on SM 2.0.14.
>
> I created entirely new user profiles for SM 2.1 - am not reusing the
> profiles I had use under 2.0.14.
>
> I've checked my dpkg.og to see if there might have been Linux
> maintenance installed in the same timeframe as my SM 2.1 install, but
> there was no Linux installation within 24 hrs of the SM 2.1 installation.

Yes! I noticed this on Friday w/google maps & thought perhaps it was
lack of graphics card memory. So I increased the memory & while it seems
a little better, it still occurs. However in my case it was any x
window, but most repeatable w/google maps.

Here is what I was doing:
1. Open google maps & select the 'Print' option. That print window
seemed to work OK.
2. Open another google map & select the 'Print' option. That print
window was all black.
3. Open another x window in another application (LibreOffice/OpenOffice)
and that window was black.

You can change the subject to
[Linux SM 2.1] if you'd like as I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 w/SM 2.1 from
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/. So no dpkg involved; just a simple
extract to a home folder as usual for me. If I have time, I'll try to
replicate & file a bug report.