On 6/19/11 7:40 PM, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> Hi.  I just upgraded to Seamonkey 2.1, and I have to say, the experience
> has been largely painless, and while Seamonkey 2.0.12 used to peg one
> core of my CPU at 100% for hours at a time, and 2.1 doesn't.  Kudos.
>
> However, there are two things I'm finding irritating with the new version.
>
> First, the Ctrl+Plus to increase size function used to be able to go
> much bigger.  Now it stops me at a certain level.  I run my monitor at
> an extremely high resolution and often need to increase my size waaay
> beyond the level at which it stops me.  Is there any way to get it to
> let me increase the size further?  Perhaps an about:config setting?
>
> Second, I don't like the new scrolling tab bar.  I prefer the old
> behavior where the tabs just become unreadably small.  I tend not to pay
> attention to what the tabs read.  Rather, I memorize the *order* of my
> tabs.  In this case, being able to see, at a glance, *how many* tabs are
> in the current window is more useful to me than being able to read each
> tab's title.  Is there any way to revert to the old behavior?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

Your first problem is caused by the fact that you can now only zoom
larger or zoom smaller by at most three steps:  120%, 150%, and 200% and
also 95%, 75%, and 50%.  However, if you go to the menu bar and select
[View > Text Zoom > Other], you can get custom zooms between 30% and
300%.  You could likely code a custom "button" in PrefBar to allow input
of custom zooms without having always to navigate from the menu bar.

For your second problem, you can see the entire list of tabs by
selecting the tiny down-pointing triangle at the right end of the tab
bar just to the left of the X that closes the current tab.  (In the
viewed list, the current tab will be bold.)  While this takes a small
extra effort, you can then count the entries.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.