Rufus wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Jens Hatlak wrote:

Again, I'm mainly interested in *features* and how the interface will or
won't be changed to accommodate the full-screen app implementation in
the coming Mac Lion OS. I think that bothers me more than anything else
because it is seriously going to alter my work flow for more than just
SM - total elimination of PPC and Rosetta support being another huge
concern for me.

In the case of SM, I would think that the way around it would be opening
SM Mail in a tab in the same window - which I recall hearing is on the
road map, but I don't recall anyone saying just when I should expect it
to appear. But I expect tabs within an app window will end up becomming
the new "window" under Lion.

Hopefully that model will not become the standard for more flexible OS.
Tabs for window, then what, subtabs where we normally have tabs now?
Love separate windows, I can move them onto separate desktops, even
separate monitors on some systems.

I can totally agree with you. And what if I want to do something like
open two Word documents side by side to cut/paste/compare? How do I do
that in a "full screen app" environment/interface? Apple does do
seperate desktop Spaces - but only assignable to each app...so all Word
docs would go to Space 1, for ex. So that's not going to work...and yeah
- what do you do with multiple monitors? *Can* you still even use
multiple monitors?..

I'm an Apple *disciple*, and I think they've really screwed up with this
idea. At least I can go look at it in an Apple store before I make my
mind up completely about it, but from some of the user comments I read
on Macintouch I don't anticipate that Lion is going to roar for me.

It won't roar for me for a while because I will have to travel 90 minutes one way or 4 hours another way just to download it. As we don't have Internet connections big enough in my community to download the 4 GB file. MR. Jobs stays too close to California Washington area. He needs to get out in Rural areas and see many people dealing with Dial-up slow DSL and Slow Cable.
--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com