On 7/22/11 9:31 PM, Rufus wrote:
> Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
>> With help from Michael and WLS, I have now managed
>> to get e-mail http: hyperlinks to open in a new
>> window, not in a new tab.
>>
>> But now I find that the add-on manager opens in
>> a new tab (I have to use the add-on manager to remove
>> "Chatzilla", which has been forcibly installed
>> without my agreement).
>>
>> Please, I do not want tabs. At all. Period.
>>
>> Is there one global switch that will stop Seamonkey
>> 2.2 from opening new tabs at all, and force everything
>> to open in a new window ? Thank you !
>>
>> Philip Taylor
>>

> Yes - there is a pref setting for that.  Under Browser-.Tabbed Browsing.
>   Just uncheck what you don't want - the pref setting works.
>
> At least it's always worked for me through 2.0.14...but I *LOVE* tabs,
> and *always* use them!
>
> If it's broke after 2.0.14...well...

That does not work for the Add-ons Manager or the Data Manager.  They
still open in tabs in the window where they were requested.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.