Hi guys. I have already posted the following as an adjunct to other threads but got no response. I will clarify below what I am seeking:

>Looks like I can't go back to SM 2.0.18 (I think it was - but it may have been 2.0.11). The 'Known Issues' note for SM 2.2 is headed (in bold), 'Data loss warning' and continues: 'If you use a profile with this or any later version and then try to go back to SeaMonkey 2.0, SeaMonkey will rename your history file to places.sqlite.corrupt and create a new places.qlite file, effectively resetting your browsing history.'

>Well, I don't pretend to understand all of that, but it does seem to be saying that I will lose data if I try to restore the SM version I had before. No?

Please, I don't understand terms like 'places.qlite' or even the intricacies of 'profile' and what is meant by 'using a profile'. (I think that I have to have a SM profile, but I have long forgotten whatever I once knew about such matters.) I'm just a humble (and time-pressed) word-assembler who once thought to support a good cause - Netscape and then SeaMonkey - but have become unhappy with the constant loss of whole days of my time when things like 'essential upgrades' come along (as they so often do).

All I want to know is whether I can go back to an earlier version of SM without the threatened 'loss of data'?

And, if so, might somebody be kind enough to recommend me a good, stable version to install - with which I'm prepared to stay until I die.

Thanks in anticipation to the good samaritan/s who will respond to this.

- Ken (in Oz)