W3BNR wrote:
On 7/23/2011 5:17 PM PhillipJones submitted the following:
Rufus wrote:
Personally, I'll champion the 1.1.x series because even though I didn't
use the Forms Manager there were enough people here who did to make it
seem a very desired feature. 2.0.14 is working just fine for me...I'll
be sticking with it.

I agree. But if you have to go to 2 series. the 2.0.x is best version
of the two
series ever put out. 2.1 on you go down hill fast. Kills addons and Kill
plugins. 2.2 I tried and only 4 helper files were listed. Before then
the were
30-35 helper files listed.

I'm one of the few that seems to have no problems with 2.2. Other than
know bugs that have been around for some time, i.e. no space after
smilies, etc.

How few, out of the 82976 active users of all versions of SeaMonkey yesterday.

42964 being 2.0.14
3205 being 2.1
26381 being 2.2

The rest being older and newer versions.

I also have no problems with SM 2.2, had only a couple crashes with 2.4a2, which I was one of the 19 active installations yesterday. If I read the table correctly.

As to addons that SAY they won't work. Most do with a little push from
Add-on Compatibility Reporter 0.8.7

I have the following 13 extensions that are actually working ok in 2.2
'Display Mail User Agent 1.6.6 will not work though (of course it quit
working somewhere around 1.1.13 so I'm still using 1.6.5)

Extensions (enabled: 13)
* Add-on Compatibility Reporter 0.8.7
(https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/?src=api)

* Autofill Forms 0.9.5.2 (https://blueimp.net/mozilla/)