Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
Just attempted to reply to a friend's e-mail having first reformatted
the original text in an external editor to have line breaks at or
before column-72 (he is one of those annoying people who insist on
sending infinitely long lines), only to find that right-click "Paste
as quotation" has disappeared.

It is still possible from the Edit menu, but I am so used to
accessing it from a right-click that I feel distinctly lost without
it.

Philip Taylor

Here is my "paste as quotation:"

I tried what you said, by copying something from notepad with no line
length and this is how it looks using a right mouse click and
selecting paste as quotation.

I did have to select Edit, Rewrap.

So I guess it depends on what you're using as your external editor?

--
 JD..