Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

JD wrote:

Here is my "paste as quotation:"

I tried what you said, by copying something from notepad with no
line length and this is how it looks using a right mouse click
and selecting paste as quotation.

A question :

Where did you find "Paste as quotation" : was it from "Right-click at
intended point of insertion", or from "Edit/Paste as quotation" ?

I did have to select Edit, Rewrap.

So I guess it depends on what you're using as your external
editor?

I don't see how it can be. Surely all that is necessary is to have
something on the clipboard ? If I am offered "paste", then that
confirms that there is something on the clipboard, so what reason
might there be that I was not also offered "paste as quotation" ?

Note : in the current e-mail dialogue, right-click/paste- as
quotation has re-appeared. Very odd indeed.

Philip Taylor

Strange that it disappeared. I'll try using a different text editor:

This was copied from WordPad and then right mouse click, Edit paste
as quotation. I'll go qo a little longer so Wordpad and wrap the
line.

It did not wrap the lines. I had to use Edit, Rewrap.

So, I'm not sure what the problem is. As you say, it's only pasting what is in the clipboard, which shouldn't hold any formatting.

Back to Notepad and I'll do the line lengths
to see if that makes a difference. That's the
only thing you were doing different, wrapping
your lines.

Maybe somebody else will come along with a solution.

--
 JD..