Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
flyguy wrote:
[it appears Phillip's post is missing, so I'll answer here]
PhillipJones wrote:
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
PhillipJones wrote:
flyguy wrote:
I love tabs - they are a major reason I switched away from IE
years ago.

I group my tabs by using another window: weather window (27
tabs), NYT window (5 to 10 tabs, depending on the news an
editorials that day), shopping search window (5 to 20 or so),
and so on. I don't have the need for any more grouping than
that.

I'm not a fan of tabs I prefer windows.

So you would rather have 37 to 57 (as in flyguy's situation)
separate windows open? Each with a button on your taskbar? How
would you keep track?

It has been weeks, maybe months, since I had more than one
browser window open...

Actually the way I have 2.0.14 setup each new window content
replace the old window connect. Unless for some reason the Web
site generate a new window.

So you actually don't have many windows open - you just reuse the one
you had. You only have one site open at a time. Just like a person
with one tab open.

True. I not interested in looking at 40-50 items at one time. If I need to go to a another link I just click and it replaces the contents of the window I was looking at it. I rarely if ever need to go back to a previous page. when I am through I hit Home and go to my ISP's home page. To me having a whole lot of stuff open is distracting.

You and other may think Tabs are greater than sliced Bread. But I'm not impressed.

And who want 57 *tabs* or windows open at onetime doesn't that
weigh down the application and slow things down.

I would doubt that, given a computer with sufficient power/ram. This
old box of mine is a P4 with just 1GB ram and it handles two dozen
tabs, about my normal limit of concentration, easily.

I currently have 2.8 Ghz Processor and 8 GB Ram with 500GB SATA Hard Drive, so speed and space is not issue. I just hate tabs.

One of these days I expect I will have no choice and have to use tabs. but for now, I'm happy with windows only.
--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com