Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
PhillipJones wrote:

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
[big snip]
So you actually don't have many windows open - you just reuse the
one you had. You only have one site open at a time. Just like a
person with one tab open.

True. I not interested in looking at 40-50 items at one time. If I
need to go to a another link I just click and it replaces the
contents of the window I was looking at it. I rarely if ever need
to go back to a previous page. when I am through I hit Home and go
to  my ISP's home page.  To me having a whole lot of stuff open is
distracting.

You and other may think Tabs are greater than sliced Bread. But I'm
not impressed.

So your normal habits are far different than flyguy's, or mine. Seems
then that your comments about tabs aren't to be taken as 'advice'.

One of these days I expect I will have no choice and have to use tabs.
but for now, I'm happy with windows only.

As long as you want to have only one web page open at a time, you will
never have to change your habits and deal with tabs.

Who said it was advice. I was just commenting on the fact not everyone is enamored of using tabs. I read perhaps in this thread several people other than myself don't like tabs.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com